My Favorite Coach Nomination Application
Welcome to MY FAVORITE COACH, The Gazette's special recognition program for our community's favorite coaches.
In order to nominate a coach, you must currently be enrolled in a public or private high school in Montgomery County.
Nominated coaches must be currently employed as a coach in a public or private school in Montgomery County.
RULES/HOW IT WORKS:
- Nominate your favorite coach by filling out the form below.
- For each coach you nominate, you will be directed to an online page where you may enter into a sweepstakes for a chance to win a new Apple iPad. The sweepstakes winner will be selected on or about October 17, 2012.
- Once all nominations are in, The Gazette will choose up to 10 finalists at each level. We will select these finalists based on the most compelling nominating essays. Grammar, spelling and punctuation count! Finalists will be posted on FavoriteCoach.Net on or about October 18, 2012.
- From October 18-November 2, 2012 (dates subject to change), everyone can vote from among the finalists to choose the winners. You do not have to be a student to vote.
- The coaches who receive the most votes will win the title "My Favorite Coach" and prizes to be determined. There will be one winner at each of four levels: high school boys' junior varsity, high school girls' junior varsity, high school boys' varsity and high school girls' varsity. In the event of a tie, The Gazette will choose the winner, at its sole discretion, based on the quality of the nominating essays.
- The Gazette will interview and photograph each winning coach for publication in December 2012 of special pages announcing the winners in The Gazette and online on Gazette.Net and FavoriteCoach.Net.
- With your parent or guardian's permission, we will publish your name and your nominating essay along with the announcement of the winning coaches in The Gazette and online at Gazette.Net.
- The Gazette and/or The Gazette's My Favorite Coach sponsors will award a prize(s) to be announced to each winning coach no later than January, 2013.
Nominations must be received by October 15, 2012, at 11:59 p.m.